Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- The gift giving season is coming to an end, and though I'm sure most of you probably didn't give or receive any gifts of $15,000 it's still worth understanding how The Misunderstood Gift Tax works. Miss Bonnie MD explains it quite well.
- Saving for retirement as a doctor certainly has its challenges, but luckily we now have great resources to make sure we're on track. In this post, Doc of all Tradez talks about “Using Prediction Calculators for Retirement”. Have you used one yet?
- If you're overwhelmed just thinking about saving for retirement, then maybe this next post is for you. Check out this in-depth post from Financial Residency on “Life After Residency: Get Your Financial Life in Order”
- The FIRE community has dealt with its fair share of criticism, but often times that criticism stems from a misunderstanding of what the movement is all about. Pediatrician Finds FI is sharing his own thoughts on the matter, specifically surrounding the physician community, in “Haterade on a High Income”.
- A thought-provoking post from PF Geeks on “The Surprising Way that Financial Discipline Leads to Financial Freedom”. I've certainly found this to be true in my own experience. What do you think?
- One of the difficult choices every physician faces after training is whether or not to buy a house. There are certainly differing opinions on this, but in this post from Physician on Fire, he goes over “The Doctor Loan: My Experiences Buying and Building with Physician Mortgage Loans”. (And if you read to the end, you may recognize the company he recommends using to find a doctor loan.)
- Doctor Money Matters is jumping back into podcasting by sharing his 2019 goals. This is a great listen for any doctors looking to get some of their finances in order this year.
- We all experience fear, but it's how you deal with it that really matters. This week, Docs Outside The Box is sharing the secret to Living A Fulfilled Life By Acknowledging Your Fears with Taylor Brana, MD.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!