Journal Club 11-17-17
This post may contain links from our sponsors. We provide you with accurate, reliable information. Learn more about how we make money and select our advertising partners.
Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Call me a bit biased but my favorite post of the week comes from Future Proof M.D. as part of his Future Proof Docs series, where he interviews different physicians who have a passion outside of medicine. This time yours truly had the privilege of being interviewed in Future Proof Docs – Passive Income M.D. If you're at all interested in learning a bit more about me and one of my favorite quotes of all time, check it out!
- Over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed a ton of great bloggers covering a topic I love reading about – how to start investing. For any new investors out there, Tub of Cash gears his post “Investing 101: The Tried and True Method” to those looking for a simple overview on how to get your portfolio started.
- Once you've got a handle on the basics, seeing it in action is a great way to learn. Optimize Your Life has given us a glimpse into his own investments in a 2 part series. I definitely recommend reading both posts, How I Invest: Investments and How I Invest: Accounts to learn about his strategy.
- If you've been investing for awhile and already have a portfolio, it's important to keep those investments safe. And after the Equifax hack, it seems to be a little more difficult. The Handy Millennial walks us through some of the measures we can take in “5 Steps to Secure Your Investment Account Now and 1 Step to Take Weekly”
- And lastly, I know some of you out there are itching to know, “What Percentage of Stocks Should You Have in Your Portfolio?” Look no further – Live Free MD has you covered.
- Since reaching financial independence in October, I've loved reading about other people's journeys post-retirement. This update from Eat the Financial Elephant is a great insight into the next phase of their life. Check it out in “Where Do I Go From Here? Starting a new Chapter in Early Retirement”
- Financial independence doesn't happen overnight, but there are certainly steps you can take to ensure progress, just like the ones The Biglaw Investor lays out in his recent post, “Roadmap to Financial Independence”.
- Doubtful that you'll ever be able to achieve early retirement? It can seem daunting, but The Frugal Farmer has some great advice on how to make the dream a reality in “Is it Really Possible to Retire Early?”
- I never pass up an opportunity to learn a little more about real estate investing, so when I saw this nicely laid out post from REI Club, I knew I had to share it. Any visual learners out there will appreciate this “Infographic: How To Invest in Real Estate with Retirement Funds.”
- And just in case you needed a few more reasons to consider investing in real estate, you'll want to read Millionaire Doc's post, “Why I Invest in Commercial Real Estate”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Disclaimer: The topic presented in this article is provided as general information and for educational purposes. It is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking action, consult with your team of professionals.