Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Do you ever feeling like you’re getting in your own way when it comes to your goals? Afford Anything shared a fascinating perspective from behavioral economist Dr. Stephen Wendel on some ways to combat that. And it’s probably not what you’d expect. See some of these tools for yourself in “Maybe You Don’t Need To Figure Out What’s Wrong”
- As someone who has already achieved financial independence himself, Can I Retire Yet is asking a valid question…Does FIRE Make Life Harder? In this post, he shares 5 challenges he underestimated.
- Despite many fellow bloggers achieving financial independence, not all choose to retire early. I personally know a good number of doctors, myself included, who have cut back on shifts but continue to work for the joy of it, not because we still have to. That’s why I love this series from Crispy Doc, sharing stories of Docs Who Cut Back. This post highlights Wealthy Doc, but I highly recommend checking the first 4 in the series as well.
- If you haven’t quite reached that point in your FIRE journey, but are looking for ways to speed it up, you may have already considered where you live as a factor. Smart Money MD brings up some great points on this in Weighing the Geographical Arbitrage Scale for Doctors. Have any of you considered moving to build up your net worth more quickly?
- The holidays are coming up quickly, which usually means plenty of gift shopping. If you have a real estate investor or landlord in your life, REtipster is offering 15 Creative Gift Ideas for the Real Estate Pro In Your Life. If you live on the east coast or the midwest, #8 might be particularly useful this time of year.
- Market crashes are inevitable. And I know many people are wondering when the next one is going to happen. While there’s no way to truly know this, there are some things you can do to be prepared. Morris Invest is setting us up for success with Six Steps to Prepare For the Next Market Crash
- And over in the podcast world, WCI sits down to talk with Dr. Jason Mizell about how he’s Teaching Personal Finance to Students and Residents on episode 83. If you’re not familiar with Dr. Mizell, he started a Business of Medicine course at the medical school he works at. I only wish we had someone like that at my medical school.
- Last week, I had the honor of joining Dr. Eric Tait on his podcast, The Physician’s Road to discuss my journey and the two businesses I’ve started. Check it out in Home Buying Concierge for Physicians & Creator of Passive Income M.D.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!