Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Believe it or not, the holidays are right around the corner, and for some, that might equal financial pressure as we struggle to cross off items on wish lists. With that in mind, I thought I’d start this Journal Club off with a post from Dads Dollars and Debts in which he offers “8 Strategies to Live Within Your Means”.
- Holiday season or not, it’s always important to have a solid understanding of your finances – and the younger, the better. Mustard Seed Money knows this and recently shared “13 Smart Money Moves To Make In Your 30s”, all of which are excellent tips.
- Are you a recent homeowner? Or thinking about buying property in the near future? Make sure you know the risks involved, outlined in Financial Samurai’s most recent post, “The Main Types Of Investment Risk Exposure To Be Aware Of”.
- I tend to share the topic of physician burnout as often as possible, as it’s something I think every doctor should be aware of, even if they’re not personally affected by it. The Happy Philosopher recently shared “Adventures in Burnout: One Physician’s Story” and it’s a great read for those looking to get an honest glimpse into what it’s like to experience it as well as 5 ways to overcome it.
- These next two articles take a look at the elusive physician’s salary – a number that can vary greatly depending not only on your specialty, but also where you live. For those curious, Wall Street Physician shares some of these numbers in “How Much Do Doctors Make? Takeaways from Doximity’s First Annual Physician Compensation Report”.
- Related, Foreign Born MD shares how she’s been able to maximize her physician income in “Earning 500k+ as an Internist”, and how you can too.
- As you know, I am a big supporter of physicians diversifying their income (especially if it’s by way of passive income), so it should come as no surprise to you that I enjoyed this chart from Smart Money MD listing a few ideas for “How Doctors Can Diversify Their Income.”
- Lastly, for those looking at different types of property investments, I love this post from Physician REI outlining the “5 Things to Love About Commercial Multi-Family Investment Properties”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!