Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- This week I wrote a post about Creating a Safety Net For Your Life, and this story from Physician on Fire definitely reinforced how important that idea is in “I Volunteered for the Hospital Board and was Sued for Millions.”
- I loved reading this next post from Mustard Seed Money because it got me thinking a lot about where my own money habits come from. See if you relate to any of his experiences in “Five Money Memories That Helped Shape My Life”
- It's great to identify how your parents shaped your financial mind, but have you ever thought about how to help your own kids grow up with a good relationship with money? Live Free MD has, and he's sharing it all in “How To Help Your Kids Become Financially Successful”
- White Coat Investor featured Chief Mom Officer on his blog this week and you're not going to want to miss her “Lessons From Everyday Breadwinning, Six Figure, Millionaire Moms”
- The Happy Philosopher is starting a “New Experiment: Buy Nothing for 1 Year”. Sounds crazy to me, but I have to admit, I'm going to follow along. Would you be up for the challenge?
- Everyone thought about how to manage your 401k if you retire early. ESI Money shares some of his thoughts on the issue in “Maxing Out a 401k and Early Retirement”
- I usually dedicate most of Journal Club to sharing different blog posts, but there are some great podcasts out there too that you should take a listen to if you haven't already. Like Docs Outside The Box, who recently shared “How We Slayed $662k of Student Loan Debt in 3 years.” $662K! 3 years!
- There are a ton of articles out there on the new tax plan, but if you didn't have time to read them all, listen to the following episode of the Hippocratic Hustle, where Dr. Carrie Reynolds and Dr. Bonnie Koo discuss the subject in “Friends Talk Finance: New Tax Plan and Podcast Year in Review”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!