Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Awhile back I wrote about “Why Many Doctors Live Paycheck To Paycheck”. This seems to be a pretty widespread issue that more and more doctors are trying to prevent. This week, Dr. Cory S. Fawcett provided us with “Three Steps to Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck” that will really make you think about your priorities.
- Wallet Hacks shares his experience with the stock market in “Bury Your Money: Put Your Money & Investments in ‘Time Capsules'”
- Some words of advice for millennials out there from Millennial Money Man featuring Pete from Do You Even Blog. Our world is rapidly changing – see how you can keep up in “Millennials: Do a Better Job Preparing for the Future”
- Over in the real estate world, Origin Investments is sharing “3 Ways to Avoid Common Real Estate Investing Mistakes”. Are you using any of these strategies?
- Financial Samurai wrote a cautionary post last week in which he warns his readers “It's Time To Start Worrying About The Housing Market Again”. If you're considering buying property in 2018, this is definitely not one to miss.
- Landlords, this post from post is for you. Finding trustworthy tenants can be an exhausting process, but Physician REI aims to make this process a little easier with a few “Tips and Considerations in Screening Tenants”
- White Coat Investor had Physician on Fire on his podcast this week to discuss his transition to part time work, his safe withdrawal rate, and slow traveling with his family. Check out Episode 40 here.
- How I Built This is a great podcast that tells the stories of how famous businesses came to be. This week they discussed the creation of Dyson vacuums and it's a great story for entrepreneurs to listen to.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!