Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- It’s an indisputable fact that every physician’s medical career will come to an end one day. But everyone’s ending will look a little bit different. The Urgent Care Career blog dedicated this post to looking at a few of the most common reasons for medical careers ending. Read more in “One Day Your Medical Career Will End.”
- Doctors Need To Understand Their Worth. Smart Money MD is urging physicians to look at their value and form a unified front to combat some of the issues in the healthcare system. Were you shocked by some of these numbers too?
- Do you know your wealth zone? According to Wealthy Doc, this zone determines whether or not your financial future will be abundant. See where you stand in “Know Your Wealth Zone and Have Money For Life”
- If you’ve ever set big goals for yourself, you know that dedication to achieving them comes with some tradeoffs. When it comes to financial independence and retiring early, we all have some things we’re willing to give up and some things that are non-negotiable. Can I Retire Yet is sharing what those tradeoffs were for him in “4 Things I Gave Up To Retire Early“
- Four Pillar Freedom is teaching readers “How to Think About the Role the Stock Market Plays in Your Finances”.
- There’s a lot of conflicting financial advice out there and it can be difficult to sort through it all. To save you some trouble, Memphis Invest is “Busting 5 More Investing Myths For Your Financial Health”
- In podcast episode 95 from the White Coat Investor, he answers a bunch of questions from the readers, covering topics from Roth IRA contributions, taxes, HSAs, and more. Hear it all on “The Speak Pipe is Working”
- Eric Tait from the Physician’s Road podcast spoke with Dr. Buck Joffrey on his journey from academic medicine to entrepreneurship. I always love interviews like this where I can gain insight into other doctor’s journeys and learn from their success. Follow along on episode 24, Wealth Formula.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!