Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- While many of us frequently talk about the technical aspects on the journey to financial independence, few talk about the emotional bumps in the journey that may shift around the FI timeline. See how Physician Burnout is affecting Some Random Guy Online on his road to FI in “Flaming Out on the Road to Financial Independence”
- Can You Achieve Financial Success Without A Budget? isaved5k is answering this question by sharing his own strategy.
- You may be glossing over some important factors in your savings strategy. Make sure you don’t fall into that category by reading Fifteen Minute Financial Fitness‘ recent post, The Obvious Secret Key to Wealth – Part 1
- Having two young kids of my own, I’m always intrigued by how other parents introduce the subject of finances to their own kids as they get older. I love this post, FI My Kid, from Dr. MoneyBlog on the plan she and her almost 20 year old son have made for his own journey to financial independence.
- The ins and outs of running a business are rapidly changing with technology, but there are some things that stand the test of time. An invaluable read for any business owner, don’t miss “Five Things I Learned Growing Up in a Candy Shop” from Millionaire Doc.
- Are there things you can be doing to better protect your assets? How much protection do you need? White Coat Investor addresses this issue and more in his recent podcast episode, “Asset Protection”
- Over in the real estate world, Chris Clothier from Memphis Invest is sharing “Two Power Moves That Raise Your Net Worth in Real Estate Investment”
- If you’ve been involved in real estate investing at all, you may be familiar with the term “depreciation”. It’s one of the key tax benefits that makes real estate so powerful. Physician REI recently shared a great post on the subject, “A Simple Look At Depreciation Recapture.”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!