Journal Club 6-10-17
This post may contain links from our sponsors. We provide you with accurate, reliable information. Learn more about how we make money and select our advertising partners.
After a little hiatus, I'm happy to announce that the JOURNAL CLUB is back! After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here's our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
Let’s start by keeping with the theme of this first week of the Summer Series, Real Estate:
- I get asked quite a bit how to get started in investing in real estate. I shared this week how I bought my first apartment. However, if you want a guide to run you through the steps in greater detail, check out this post by Coach Carson, Real Estate Investing 101: 9 Steps to Get Started (or Restarted).
- Love this series on Amortization by Building Income. Amortization plays a role in nearly everyone’s life at some point or another (credit card debt, student loans or home purchase). Take some time to read this series, I guarantee you’ll learn something. Amortization 101:
- I'm also enjoying this ongoing series from Guy on Fire titled Making It Happen. He has a series of guest posts from other financial bloggers who have found success in real estate investing.
Here are some more posts you should definitely check out:
- I wish someone had sat me down early on in my career and talked to me like these next two bloggers. Would’ve saved me a lot of stress & headache:
- Mustard Seed Money takes a look at different types of debt in A Comprehensive Guide to Debt.
- The Frugal Gene goes deep and answers Why You Should Find Meaning Before You Find Wealth.
- Are Minimalism and Frugality the same or totally different? Thanks Physician on Fire for clarifying it for us in Minimalism versus Frugality: Can They Coexist?
Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Disclaimer: The topic presented in this article is provided as general information and for educational purposes. It is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking action, consult with your team of professionals.