Every week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- In this week’s Future Proof Docs series, which highlights physicians who excel at something outside of medicine, we hear from Choose Better Life, a certified life coach and physician who helps people make better choices to live simply and live well.
- High Income Parents addresses what many parents are asking themselves in “Setting Our Kids Up For Financial Success”
- There’s a ton of information out there about retirement and it can be overwhelming to sort through. Mustard Seed Money simplifies things in this week’s post, “Which is the Best Retirement Account For You?”
- The Real Secret to Getting Rich from Smart Money MD gives clear cut action steps on how to accomplish your financial goals.
Here are some more posts you should definitely check out:
- White Coat Investor sheds some light on a hotly-debated topic in “Reverse Mortgages – Has Anything Changed?”
- Physician on Fire discusses a topic I really haven’t given too much thought about (but now realize I should!) in “Social Security and Early Retirement: Know Your Bend Points!”
- Wall Street Physician offers a great reminder on why it’s usually a bad idea trying to outsmart the stock market in “Why Jim Cramer is Wrong About Doing Your Homework”
I’m a HUGE fan of Podcasts and at this point can’t get through my commute without them. So I’m going to add them to my weekly Journal Clubs as well. Here are some podcast episodes I recommend this week:
- Last month, I wrote about Why I Don’t Have An Emergency Fund. This week, White Coat Investor released episode 18 of his podcast where he tells you everything you need to know about Emergency Funds, including his own experience.
- Docs Outside The Box shared a new episode this week where he interviewed “Dr. Hala Sabry on Motherhood, vulnerability, and Physician’s Mom Group”.
Stay tuned next week as we continue our Summer Series. Enjoy the weekend everyone!