Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Not surprisingly, we know that physicians are notoriously not very good with money. Reasons being that after residency, the big paycheck makes it almost impossible not to dispel the temptations of spending. The Physician Philosopher says that some spending is more unwise than the other. He shares these “Big 5”.
- Credit freezes for your little ones? It’s a thing and it’s more important to pay attention to more now than ever. In fact, Wealthy Mom MD says it’s a smart money move. Shedding light on the importance of safeguarding our kids’ financial future, adding a credit freeze to their credit report just might need to be a priority this week.
- We get it. Financial independence is where you want to go and be. While there are many avenues to help you get there, several, non-evasive, ways waver closer than you think. Choose FI lays out what you should be paying attention to… but aren’t, maybe.
- Airbnb seems to be drawing more and more attention for the real estate inclined. And why not? It’s proven to be a lucrative way to generate passive income, thus reaching financial independence. In his podcast, White Coat Investor brings on Dr. David Draghinas to talk about how he and his wife continue to be successful at this venture.
- So, she gave a talk at Google. Through an acute share of her experience at Google Headquarters, Paula Pant with the Afford Anything Podcast writes interestingly about the anti-budget, not delaying gratification, and behavioral finance in general. And be sure to check out the video.
- Wealthy Doc says we should think outside of our boxes and pursue life on our terms. Rather than falling prey to societal standards, we choose to rationalize fun and learning differently. How right is he? Let’s see.
- The student loan debt struggle is real. Whether you’re pursuing passive income as a means to pay it off, or navigating your options to offset its impact on your bottom line, Travis Hornsby addresses your options for both on Anjali Jarawala‘s latest podcast episode.
- Finding an extra $400K on two properties sounds enticing, doesn’t it? Almost makes you want to figure out how to find that kind of money in your properties too. Using market pressures, liens, and different deal structures created the perfect combination for this author on Bigger Pockets.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!