Every week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here's our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- This week, we've been focusing on side hustles to speed up the journey to financial independence. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the journey as well. Making Sense of Cents talks about how to strike a balance in her recent post, “My Search For A Better Work Life Balance”.
- My Strategic Dollar teaches us an important lesson in frugality in “5 Methods I Use To Stay Out of Debt”
- If you're in real estate, you know there's a lot of research to be done before investing in rental properties. This week, Financial Samurai let us in on an interesting rule of thumb in “The Real Estate Investing Rule To Follow: Rent Luxury, Buy Utility.”
There's also a ton going on in the finance world this week that you should definitely check out:
- White Coat Investor takes us back to basics in his post, “How To Learn About Mutual Funds” and also divulges his Favorite Mutual Fund
- Mustard Seed Money humbles us with a reminder of the hard work it takes to hit FIRE in “How Fast Can You Make A Million Dollars?”
- This topic has been making the rounds recently, and if it happens, we should all be prepared by reading Optimize Your Life‘s new post, “Brace Yourself for the Next Recession.”
- In his latest Christopher Guest post: My Money Wizard, Physician On Fire interviews a young man on how he achieved financial success at such an early age.
Stay tuned next week as we continue our Summer Series. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
From the Passive Income M.D. Instagram page. Come join the fun!