Every week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- I want to kick off this week with an awesome post from BeThree: “Loan Free: How I Paid Off My Loans Within A Year of Residency”. Paying off student debt is no easy feat and I love how she breaks down her process for readers to follow and implement.
- On a topic a little further down the line of a physician’s career, Wall Street Physician provides us with “A Simple Retirement Calculator For Physicians”
- And while we’re at it, let’s take it even further with White Coat Investor‘s latest post, “What Doctors Need To Know About Estate Planning”
- Last week we talked about the relationship between money and happiness. This week, ThinkSaveRetire offers another perspective on that point in “I Lost My Six-Figure Income and I’m Much Happier”.
- Debt can be paralyzing and sometimes we’ll go to extreme lengths to get ourselves out of it. Life and My Finances addresses an interesting question on the topic in “Should You Sell Your House to Get Out of Debt?”
- If you’re reading this blog, you’re likely someone who’s smart with their finances or at least aware of what you need to be learning. But what if the people closest to you don’t share your financial values? Making Sense of Cents posted a great article this week on “What To Do When Your Partner is Horrible With Money.”
- For those of you who have invested in real estate before, you know that good deals can be hard to come by. Check out Coach Carson’s advice on “5 Ways To Find Real Estate Deals in Any Market.”
- It’s become increasingly common for physicians to struggle with burnout and I love highlighting bloggers who are being proactive about changing this culture. Be sure to check out Hippocratic Hustle’s newest podcast episode, “Nisha Mehta, MD: Physician Wellness” for some insight.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!