Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- This week in the blogosphere, I came across a few great posts on a popular topic, Roth IRAs. Life and My Finances walks through the differences and benefits in “The Truth About the Roth 401k and the Traditional 401k”.
- Next up, Mustard Seed Money teaches us “How to Create a Roth IRA Conversion Ladder to Fund Early Retirement”.
- Having recently gone into early retirement himself, ThinkSaveRetire offers some great insight on how to determine if you're truly ready in “You Know You're Ready to Retire Early If…”
- If you've been keeping up with the news lately, you've likely heard about the Equifax Hack. And if you haven't, Future Proof MD gives us the rundown in “2017 Equifax Hack: What To Know and What To Do About It”
- Keeping track of your finances is essential if you're in pursuit of financial independence or early retirement, and in this day and age, there are a ton of tools out there to help us do it. If you've been in search of some good ones, check out Adventure Rich's new post, “Top 3 Money Management Tools (and how I use them)”.
- Whether you come into a large sum of money from selling your house, an inheritance, a gift, or anything else, planning how you will use or invest that money is crucial. Financial Samurai discusses what to do with those proceeds in “Ideas For Reinvesting Proceeds After A Home Sale”
- Deciding between stocks and bonds? make sure to read Wall Street Physician's new post, “Everybody Has A Plan Until They Get Punched In The Mouth: Mike Tyson and Asset Allocation”
- And lastly, I want to end this week's journal club with a great post by Investing Doc: Build The Life You Want, Not The Bank Account You Want, in which he reminds us to stop and smell the roses.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!