Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- For some physicians, it’s easier to save more money than they spend. For others, not so much. But that’s why White Coat Investor says we should allocate time for automating our cash flow systems and put our money on autopilot.
- When it comes down to it, we’re all looking for that “out”… the face-in-the sun, legs up on the beach opportunity to be our own boss or have more control over what we do for income. While it sounds great, doing it is hard work. Think Save Retire creates this perspective for us.
- There is a common misconception on whether a car is an asset or a liability. With plenty of debates for either end, what does the math really come down to when considering depreciation, market value, and refinancing? Millennial Money Man tells us like it is.
- Contrary to the FIRE movement, there are people who’d rather achieve the FI without the RE. And much like physician blogger Millionaire Doc, staying in the workforce isn’t considered taboo. What are your goals? What is your vision for your life? Check out this blog to see.
- She often speaks out on challenges faced by women in medicine and usually does so with fresh eyes based on personal experiences. In this next blog, Dr. Nisha Mehta helps us acknowledge societal bias towards the “woman” physician.
- Understanding your finances as a business owner is incredibly important. Some would say it’s just as important as the strategy, systems, and structure you create around its success. Spouse of a physician, Anjali Jariwala, writes on what we should pay particular interest to.
- You’re in the process of buying a new home and “it feels so good…”♬ Now, you’re stuck with understanding your physician mortgage loan options. There’s too much to know, but Ryan Inman of Financial Residency breaks it down in this massive guide.
- Jonathan and Brad, in this ChooseFI podcast episode, discuss saving time and it being on our side. They also discuss the secondary market as a potential side hustle opportunity. You just might get some ideas listening to this show.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!