Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Tax season is fast approaching and that means there are going to be a ton of helpful posts out there from fellow financial bloggers over the next few months. “Make An Easy Profit by Paying Your Taxes” from Dr. McFrugal may be particularly helpful for physicians.
- Physicians and high-income earners may also benefit from this little trick from Another Second Opinion. Find out what it is in “Uncle Sam Can't Touch This: How to Avoid Taxes From Your Taxable Account”
- Adventure Rich just made a major shift in their household – see how they're dealing with the change in “And Then There Was One…Income (Part 3: The Non-Plan)”. Be sure to check out the first two in the series as well, which are linked in the post.
- It's great to see a lot of bloggers beginning their early retirement now, but how do you know when the time is right for you? Wall Street Physician aims to answer that question in his recent post, “Physician Retirement Age: When is the Right Time To Retire?”
- If you're still working on paying off your student loans, I recommend checking out Some Random Guy Online's recent post, “Paying Off My Student Loans Was Like Getting A Tattoo”.
- This blog post from Rich on Money is great for any real estate investors who aren't so keen on managing those properties yourself. Check out the “5 Secrets to Finding the Best Property Manager”.
- If you're looking for a solid, in-depth look at lump sum investing, Actuary on Fire has you covered with this two-part series, “Lump Sum or Dollar Cost Average Investing”. Be sure to catch part 2 as well.
- I always like to include one post about lifestyle or happiness, and this week Optimize Your Life wrote an awesome, thought-provoking post on “Successful Careers and Failed Relationships.”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!