Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- I'm a big proponent of portfolio diversification, and especially with the recent stock market volatility, it's important for physicians to look into other options. Look For Zebras has a few great ones listed in “Alternative Investment Options for Doctors”
- Do you donate more than $5k a year to charity? If so, you might consider a Donor Advised Fund. And if you're not exactly sure what that entails or why it could be a good idea, B.C. Krygowski is sharing “9 Reasons Why You Should Have a Donor Advised Fund – and 1 Reason Not To”
- Physician on Fire just completed his first year of bicycle commuting! Now he's sharing some of the lessons he's learned in this experience in “One Year of Commuting with a Modified Electrified Fortified Bike”
- I love this thought provoking post from Doc of All Tradez on “Why Doctors Need a Retirement Plan Before Starting Their Practice” A must read for physicians at any stage of practice.
- If you've been reading the blog for awhile, you know I'm always transparent about my real estate investing endeavors and jump at the opportunity to share the lessons I learn as I go. Semi-Retired MD has some lessons from his own experience and I highly recommend reading them in “My Worst Real Estate Investing Mistakes”
- Do you have a favorite tax deduction? Dads Making Cents does! See what it is and why in “Cost Segregation: Time is Money. Real estate investors, this might become your favorite too after reading it.
- Another great listen this week for physicians who want to be inspired by other physicians side hustles. Check out the latest Hippocratic Hustle episode, Creating Simple Contacts with Saya Nagori, MD
- White Coat Investor is talking about a very interesting concept on his podcast this week – have any of you considered doing something like this? Hear more in “Investing in Online Businesses – An Interview with Gregory Elfrink from Empire Flippers”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!