Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Point blank. Doctors are burning out. They really are. And the reasons being range from money to training to the lack of satisfaction at work– there's obviously a lot to consider. Physician on FIRE poses we consider these FIRE tactics to resolve this issue for ourselves.
- Achieving financial freedom in 4 years (Fast FIRE) sounds like a dream, doesn't it? For some, it's more of a reality as in the case of Semi-Retired MD. While there are preferred means to achieve Fast FIRE, turnkey rentals aren't one of them. SRMD explains why.
- Oh boy… goals. We've got them for almost every aspect of our lives. Some of them we hit. Some of them we miss. (And oftentimes, we just don't start them at all). Why is that? Stacking Benjamins lays out a perspective on the reason.
- Establishing dominance in a particular niche or market pays off. This particular stance is a held belief by XRAYVSN who, in his own experience, finds that being at the front is advantageous for building a recognizable brand and, ultimately, creating wealth. In this blog, he shares his observations while experiencing October's festivities.
- We're nearing the end of the year. Do you know what that means? Taxes, contributions, withholdings… yikes. That's why Anjali Jariwala, CFP, of Fit Advisors suggests that you give yourself a year-end financial checkup. Have you done one this year yet? The timing couldn't be any more perfect.
- Marital distress and FI? Nooo? Well, maybe. These two couples on the What's Up Next Podcast (both you might have heard of in the FI space already), talk about woulda, coulda, shoulda's of keeping your marriage and money on the same positive trajectory.
- “So you mean to tell me that there's a science behind the propensity to build wealth?” Yes, there is. This author and industrial psychologist joined Dr. Benjamin Bradley on his Physician's Guide to Doctoring Podcast to discuss the mindset behind becoming a millionaire (and how regular MD Joes/Janes can achieve it). Can you guess who she is?
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!