Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Hope you’ll be able to take some time today to feel true gratitude for the lives we get to live. I’m so grateful for all the readers of this site and your energy / enthusiasm for this content & community keeps me going!
Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Before I get to it though, wanted to let people quickly know that my friends at Semi-Retired MD are about to open up enrollment for their awesome course, Zero To Freedom Through Cashflowing Rentals, for a limited time again!
If you’re the least bit interested, it’s worth signing up for the waitlist through this link (there’s a nice discount involved). ⬅️ This is only available for a few more days.
Learn how to confidently invest in cash-flowing rental real estate, get connected to the resources to help you invest, and for those that can qualify, learn how to legitimately shelter a large part of your physician income. 💰
I’m not only an affiliate for the course, but a student as well, and I can say it’s helped me double the # of units I own by the end of this year and should help me save 6 figures in taxes. (Yes, a post on these things will be coming to the blog.)
So yeah, I’m a big fan, take a look while the waitlist bonus is active for another day or so HERE! 🙌
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- We run into conflicts of interest in just about every industry we work with/in/around. When it comes to financial planning, the same goes. In this dual-hosted podcast episode with The Physician Philosopher and Financial Residency, we get an inside look at what exactly those conflicts are on the financial planning side of things.
- A fourplex turned into an apartment building in less than 2 years? Why aren’t we doing that? Semi-Retired MD encourages us to see the benefits of making a similar conversion ourselves and how we can do it too.
- We all want to experience more happiness, don’t we? That’s the reason we pursue life on the passive income clouds and carve out our own little corner of life for the living. Physician finance blogger, The Happy Philosopher gets that and for one… I love what he has to say about finding happiness in the most unexpected places.
- There are best and worst times to review your finances going into tax season, so we better make an effort. What we should be doing even more so is positioning ourselves in a favorable financial situation.
- We’ve got a relationship with money and it affects our behavior more than we realize. Knowing this, can people really change that fact? The Godfather of life planning, George Kinder says yes and he explains how on the Financial Residency Podcast.
- Not-so-fun fact about retirement: you need to save a lot of money before you do it. Running your numbers now and planning ahead are only two ways to get yourself on solid ground. White Coat Investor crunches the numbers for us.
- Own a business with your spouse? Good idea or no? These couples on the What’s Up Next Podcast share the best strategies for those who aspire to walk the path of financial independence.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!