Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Our Next Life is covering one of my favorite topics in “Consider a Side Hustle Year to Begin Early Retirement”. For those close to retirement or already retired, what’s your take on this?
- Physician on Fire is sharing the ins and outs of his path to FI including how his own blog makes money in “Coming Clean: How Financial Independence Came More Easily & I’m Not Exactly Retiring.”
- One of the most common pieces of advice young physicians receive after graduating is “live like a resident”. And if you’re familiar with FI blogs, you’ve almost definitely heard the White Coat Investor say it. Now, The Physician Philosopher is sharing some reasoning behind this advice in “Proof is in the Pudding: Live Like a Resident (Series).
- I talk a lot about crowdfunding on the blog, but what about turnkey real estate investing? If you’ve ever wondered if it’s right for you, check out this recent post from Chris Clothier at Memphis Invest: “Will Turkey Real Estate Investment Benefit You? See if You Fit the Bill.”
- White Coat Investor is sharing “What You Need To Know About the Pass-Through Income Deductions”, including some strategies to minimize those deductions.
- A fantastic reminder from Good Life MD about the importance of gratitude and focusing on the small things. Read his incredible story in “Getting Hit By A Truck: Gratitude in the Face of Adversity.”
- Do you have a family trust? If so, you might want to follow Financially Alert’s advice and triple check it. See his almost disastrous mistake in “How I Accidentally Wrote My Son Out of his Inheritance.”
- Recently on the Docs Outside The Box podcast, I was lucky enough to be able to share some tips on how to “Make Money While You Sleep”. Are you already doing some of these things?
- Are there steps doctors can take to reduce or avoid burnout without changing their job and without changing their financial situation? Find out in the latest WCI Podcast episode where he talks about “Physician Burnout with The Happy Philosopher.” Please check out The Happy Philosopher if you haven’t already. Love reading his stuff.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!