Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Any time I see a great post about side hustles for physicians, I can't help but share it. For those searching for some non-clinical work, Look For Zebras gets into some specifics in “Careers for Physicians in Scientific Writing”.
- Is Homeownership As Great As It Seems? It may have been the American dream at one point, but is it still a good choice for you? Life and My Finances has a few things to say about the details.
- Big changes are happening in the Actuary on Fire household (to be revealed at a later date) and as part of that process, some major house financing calculations need to be done. AoF isn't in a unique position here and since many of you have either done this before or will need to in the future, you can see the exact calculations in action in “When Can I Pay Off My Mortgage?”
- An interesting post about success and self control from Wall Street Physician that asks “Would Most Doctors Pass The Stanford Marshmallow Test?”
- Does our net worth influence our perceptions of and preferences for holding assets and debt? A thought provoking post from Nerd's Eye View on “Why Households With Significant Debt Tend Not To Pay It Down”
- A brief but important reminder from Tawcan that “It's Not About Having Time, It's About Making Time.”
- In the podcast scene this week, Docs Outside The Box shared “How to Get So Money” with Farnoosh Torabi where they talked about the important first steps doctors can take to get ahead financially.
- If you're a doc looking to buy a house but are overwhelmed by the process, this interview with Curbside Real Estate (a free real estate concierge service for physicians, by physicians) is a great first place to start. Check it out on the WCI Podcast.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!