Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Mustard Seed Money is starting a series of FIRE case studies for his readers. See what advice he has for one couple in the first edition of “Reader Case Study: Any Hope For Reaching FIRE At This Age?”
- More and more people are achieving early retirement these days, so if you're looking to jump on the bandwagon, you're going to need a strategy. Think Save Retire is offering a solid one in “Your 4-Step Guide to Building a Ridiculously Effective Early Retirement Strategy”.
- There are tons of bloggers talking about their own financial independence as individuals, but is it possible for businesses to do the same? DiverseFI explores this question in “Do You Run a Financially Independent Business?”
- For those of you just finishing your medical training, Wall Street Physician shared a great post this week from Smart Money MD on “The Financial Cost of Being an Academic Physician.”
- Frugality is a hot topic in the FIRE community and I've written several posts about my view on it. In Millennial Money Man‘s recent post, he poses a question that many people struggle with: “Should Frugality Change With Your Income?” What do you think?
- The technical aspects of investment accounts and investing strategies can be overwhelming for those who are just learning to navigate personal finance. Luckily, Physician on Fire has broken it all down in “Investing Basics For Physicians With Little Time or Experience, Part 1”
- Crispy Doc is sharing his thoughts on the recent WCI Podcast episode in “The Inconsistent Investor.”
- There are a few key things to know about real estate investing and one of those is how to calculate cap rate. Learn more about it in “Rule of Thumb: Cap Rate for Real Estate Investing” from Dads Making Cents.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!