Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Residency can be high stress, but that shouldn’t stop you from making smart financial decisions. To avoid common pitfalls, read “These Top 5 Student Loan Mistakes Are Made in Residency” from Financial Residency.
- Do you have what it takes to become one of the 1%? Find out in “7 Secrets You May Not Know About the Top One Percent” from Debt Free Dr.
- Financial Lion sheds some great insight on how rising interest rates might be affecting you in “Interest Rates Taking a Hike, and Not The Fun Kind”
- Everyone gets caught up in New Year resolutions, but are you taking the time throughout the year to make sure you’re still on track? Dr. Cory S. Fawcett thinks it might be “Time For Mid-Year Resolutions”
- Have you ever wondered what would happen if you compared the top 26 retirement calculators online?Chief Mom Officer did and found out some interesting things. Read about it in “I Slogged Through 26 Different Retirement Calculators – Will What I Learned Surprised You?”
- Many of us are familiar with the large amounts of debt after medical school, making it seem near impossible to reach financial independence. If you’re looking for help with repaying some of that debt, Physician on Fire goes through some programs that can move you forward with your finances in “Beyond PSLF: Check Out These Additional Loan Forgiveness Programs”
- There are many opinions on the Roth 401k and I think it’s great to get different perspectives, especially as it pertains to doctors. Check out Senior Resident’s point of view on the subject in Another Case for a Roth 401k.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!