Every week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- This week in the blogosphere I ran across quite a few posts about jumping at the opportunity to go outside of the status quo. As someone who frequently writes about creating freedom in all areas of life through passive income, these stuck out to me. The Frugal Farmer's most recent post, Buck Up and Dream, describes our societies obsession with “normal” perfectly and gives a convincing argument about why we should throw those ideologies to the curb.
- Building on that idea, I love what Two Cup House had to say about taking action in Opportunity Lies in the “Hopefully”.
- If you're looking for a good read to keep you motivated and accountable, check out what Optimize Your Life thought about his most recent read in The Three Fuels of Productivity.
- Eat The Financial Elephant just achieved a pretty big goal of theirs, and while that can be exciting, it can also bring a good amount of fear into the equation. See how they're handling it all in their July Update: Achieving Our Goals and Managing Our Fears
- As a father of two young kids, one of my main goals is for passive income to allow me to spend more time with them as they grow up and less time working. If you're a parent striving for financial independence, you've got to read Physician On Fire's latest post on a topic that is not often talked about: Second Generation FIRE.
- Investing Doc let us in on some new trends we're seeing from doctors and some of the related consequences in Higher Job Turnover in Medicine Than Expected.
- If you've been following the blog for awhile, you know that I've wet my feet in real estate investing a few times and that I recommend others try the same. For a lot of you, it may seem like a common avenue to explore on the journey to financial independence, but Financial Samurai shared some pretty staggering statistics in What Percentage of Americans Own Stocks Or Real Estate?
- One more real estate related post to end this week's journal club. The Boss MD shares his experience with his first rental property in The Good, Bad and Ugly of My First Rental Property. Great takeaways for anyone thinking about getting into real estate investing.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!