Ever since I discovered that doctors were able to create their ideal lives by creating passive income through real estate, I’ve been obsessed with educating myself on the topic. I’ve read book after book, like Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and The ABCs of Real Estate Investing, listened to a ton of podcasts and gone to many conferences.
One of my favorite ways to consume educational content on the topic is still through good ‘ol blogs. I’ll read one post and it’ll provide an amazing nugget of high yield actionable info.
There are so many amazing real estate investing blogs out there, but I’ve narrowed the list down to ones that I think are perfect for doctors. Why for doctors in particular? Well, they can actually be for anyone, but here’s the profile of the doctor/person I'm thinking of:
- Full-time, busy professional (for now)
- Not necessarily looking for another job that consumes most of their time, so…
- Desires more passive-type investing where you can make residual income
- Perhaps has some spare capital and is looking for ways to utilize it and diversify from the stock market
With this in mind, I wanted to highlight some blogs that give information on real estate strategies that make sense for physicians. These include buy-and-hold as well as passive strategies like investing in syndications and funds. The goal of these strategies should be to produce passive income for long-term financial security and wealth creation on the way to financial freedom.
So without further ado, here is my list of The 10 Best Real Estate Investing Blogs for Doctors.
1. The BiggerPockets Blog – This is the granddaddy of real estate investing blogs. The blog and the forum put together is the most comprehensive resource out there on the web for the amateur or professional investor.
Check out this post: Why a 30-Year (NOT 15-Year) Mortgage Gives You a Better Shot at Building Wealth.
2. Semi-Retired MD – Kenji & Leti are two physicians who are obsessed with teaching people how to achieve financial freedom through cash-flowing rental properties. If you’re interested in learning how to create a portfolio of your own properties while still practicing, this is a great place to start. They also talk quite a bit about maximizing the tax benefits of real estate investing through achieving something called Real Estate Professional Status.
Check out this post: Real Estate Professional Status: How Many Units Do I Need to Qualify?
3. Coach Carson – Coach Carson has a talent for explaining real estate investing in a very practical way and it's quite easy to follow. Spend some time on this site and you can’t help but walk away having learned something. His goal is to help you build wealth and “do more of what matters in your life.” Hey, it sounds like we’re kindred spirits.
Check out this post: The Debt Snowball Plan – How to Get Free & Clear Rental Properties.
4. The Real Estate CPA – Reading about taxes isn’t high on my list as ways I want to spend my free time. However, Brandon Hall, otherwise known as the Real Estate CPA, has a way of explaining taxes in a very clear and compelling manner.
Check out this post: The Ultimate Tax Guide For Landlords
5. REI Nation – Chris Clothier runs this blog and is the face of the company, REI Nation, a business that helps people invest in turnkey real estate. I enjoy reading the blog because it speaks to the investor looking to build a steady stream of passive income and wealth over time.
Check out this post: Building a Real Estate Investing Strategy: Minimize Risk in Your Investments.
6. Ken McElroy’s Blog – Ken McElroy is the author of one of my favorite real estate investing books, The ABCs of Real Estate Investing. I enjoy his YouTube videos but I also take time to check out his blog. He likes to talk about current market conditions and dynamics and how that affects real estate investors.
Check out this post: 5 Mistakes Most Investors Make
7. Financial Success MD – Dr. Cory Fawcett is a former surgeon who was able to assemble an impressive portfolio of rental properties. His mission is to teach other physicians how to gain control of their lives through proper financial education and investments.
Check out this post: Pay off the House vs. Invest. Which is Better?
8. Financial Samurai – Sam Dogen is a long-time blogger and he's amassed a very enviable passive income stream. A good portion of it comes from real estate. He’s benefitted from buying in the booming San Francisco area and has smartly positioned his properties to provide increasing revenue year after year.
Check out this post: Real Estate: My Favorite Investment Asset Class To Build Wealth.
9. Debt Free Doctor – Dr. Jeff Anzalone is a periodontist who understands how to best leverage his time and effort to create passive income. He writes from a very sincere place trying to help others like him break out from the uncertainty of medicine today.
Check out this post: How To Become a Millionaire in Real Estate
10. Passive Income MD – You didn’t think I’d create a list without slipping this site on there, did you? You know how doctors make good incomes but don’t have control of their time. Our mission at Passive Income MD is to help physicians create their ideal lives through multiple streams of income so they can live life on their own terms. When it comes to real estate we talk quite a bit about both active investing (direct ownership of rental properties) and also passive investing (investing in private real estate deals like syndications and funds).
Check out this post: Active vs Passive Real Estate Investing
What are your favorite real estate investing blogs? Am I missing any?