Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- I came across this review last week of a classic book, “The Richest Man in Babylon” and thought it was a great way to sum up some concepts that a lot of financial bloggers talk about. You can see what I mean in Dr. Breathe Easy Finance's post, “Step By Step Proven Method to Become Filthy Rich Now”.
- Do you have an investment plan you follow? If you don't think you need one, think again. Dr. McFrugal has some great advice to share with fellow investors in “Make A Statement! – An Investor Policy Statement”
- This next one is a hot topic among physicians and I've personally posted about it on the blog as well. It's a question we all have and there are many different perspectives out there. Young and the Invested is offering a great in depth analysis in “Should You Invest or Pay Off Student Loans?” What's your take?
- Are you one to keep a close eye on the stock market? Wall Street Physician thinks you should “Turn Off The Financial News”. Do you agree?
- Last week on his blog, White Coat Investor discussed a great question from a reader about being a stay at home dad and offered some insight as to what financial aspects to think about when making that decision. Read the email from the reader and WCI's thoughts in “Stay at Home Dads and Your Finances”
- Educating your children about finances is a topic I'm always thinking about having two little ones of my own. Chief Mom Officer shared a great post last week about how she's teaching her kids some of these important life lessons in “Getting Kids (Of All Ages) Involved – In Money, A Cause, and Their Health”
- There can be a lot of fear and uncertainty surrounding financial independence, particularly the closer you get. Choose FI has some great tools that will hopefully help you overcome your FI fears and move forward with confidence. Check them out in “Scary Money: Overcoming Your FI Fears”
- How does a six figure income turn into six figure debt? Miss Bonnie MD shares her incredible story on the So Money Podcast with Farnoosh Torabi.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!