Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- There are a couple of mitigating factors when it comes to living our dreams. One is what we do, another is how we go about doing it. In either of those instances, The Physician Philosopher says we should pay particular interest in going about having crucial conversations.
- In medicine, we see and experience traumatic events. While there is usually a victim of a particular circumstance, there's one that's often not considered. Guess who that is? Us. Dr. McFrugal creates this perspective around a much-needed topic.
- When investing in real estate, you might be at odds at how to start. So, when it comes to making a decision to partner with a friend, the odds grow even more. Joe Fairless shares why he would “unequivocally not” partner with a friend unless these things happened first.
- Why do you think it's difficult to find the right physician mortgage loan? Because there are details no one is sharing with you. Ryan Inman at Financial Residency breaks that stigma by sharing exactly what you should know before signing on the dotted line.
- Being a doctor is “flat-out stressful” says Smart Money MD, but for the very same reasons for learning how to become one, they must know the fundamentals of finance. Here are a few things to note for the incoming resident.
- Fear is the enemy... or is it? David Draghinas of Doctors Unbound helps pose the question of whether experiencing fear is normal and why doctors shouldn't ignore it. What do you think?
- We're bombarded with sales pitches from all angles which are most notably concocted by financial advisors. Granted, some advisors mean well. Others, not so much. White Coat Investor talks about the good, the bad, and the ugly with Michael Kitces in this podcast episode.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!