Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Physician on Fire has set a retirement date and is now thinking about what his “Retired Not Retired” life might look like after that…does your ideal post-retirement life look similar?
- Learn about the 5 principles that Financial Samurai follows on his own journey as well as his specific goals in “Way of the Financial Samurai: Core Principles for Achieving Financial Independence”. (My personal favorite is goal #4)
- I love hearing other docs share their personal finance stories, so naturally blog interviews are one of my favorite ways to get a glimpse into their worlds. Physician Philosopher has a whole series dedicated to this, but he recently interviewed someone at the very beginning of this process to get a slightly different look at physician finance. Read more in “Physician Finance Interview #8”
- Financial Wellness DVM has another great interview with a veterinarian pursuing financial independence – read her story here in “Get to Know a Vet: FIRE Interview #2”
- This is a topic I've been asked a lot about and an important one for any real estate investors out there. Memphis Invest sheds some insight on “Why & How Real Estate Investors Protect Their Assets Through LLCs”
- Many physicians striving for financial independence are doing so as a way to decrease the chance of burnout in their careers, but it's easy to get caught up in just reaching the finish line. Miss Bonnie MD is here to remind us of “The Other Type of Burnout”
- Stacking Benjamins is sharing “11 Reasons Why You're Not Making More Money” on his podcast. Are any of these factors influencing your life?
- In this two part episode from Doctor Money Matters, we hear from Doc G on “Getting to 5x Income as a Primary Care Physician” and “Getting to 5x Income as an Internist in a Competitive Market.” Make sure to listen to both part 1 and part 2 to get the full impact of how to optimize your own practice and decrease burnout.
- Lastly, once in a while I get the privilege of being on a podcast. You do the interview and wonder when they'll be released. It just so happens that I had three released in a short period of time. I had a great time with each of these amazing podcasters and had three awesome, but totally different, conversations. Check them out:
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!