Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- I’m sure by now most of you have learned about the recent RealtyShares news. I shared my perspective in last week’s PIMD newsletter, but if you haven’t heard yet, or are looking for a new perspective, check out Financial Samurai’s response in “The Sad Demise of RealtyShares: What’s Next, Alternatives, and Lessons”.
- Real estate crowdfunding might not be for everyone, but there are other ways to get involved in real estate, many of which I’ve written about on the blog. ESI Money discusses yet another interesting way to make money in real estate in “Five Tips for Growing Wealth Through House Hacking”
- Not interested in real estate at all? Not to worry. There are tons of other ways physicians are earning extra income and I love hearing about all the different ideas readers and fellow bloggers come up with. Financially Alert is trying his own side hustle experiment and sharing his progress in the fifth part in this series (though I recommend reading them all) in “My Amazon FBA Project: Part 5 – Persistence and Seeking Profit.”
- Side hustles are great for many reasons, not the least of which is being prepared in case of an emergency. Side Hustle Scrubs acknowledges this reality and is taking action to avoid potential problems down the road. See what kind of scenarios he’s preparing for in “Doomsday Prepping”.
- Whatever happened to cryptocurrency? You might not be hearing about it in the news as much, but many people are still watching to see what the future holds. Millionaire Doc’s got some of his own observations and thoughts in “Bitcoin on ICE; Could This Be the Start of Another Bull Run?“
- We’re all familiar with the problems physicians face in dealing with symptoms of burnout, but are there other factors outside of the hospital that are contributing to this? Dr. Cory S. Fawcett is bringing a big one to our attention in “Your Smartphone is Contributing to Burnout”. Do you agree?
- “ER Doc by Day, Punk Rocker at Night”. This episode of Docs Outside The Box is an interesting one. Listen to how Dr. Daryl Wilson balanced med school with going on tour as well as interacting with people in these two different worlds.
- Every once in a while, White Coat Investor brings on a listener to talk about their unique financial situation. This week he’s “Sorting Out An Academic Doc’s Finances”. In this episode, you’ll learn how this doc is fixing some past financial mistakes and revisit some investing basics.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!