Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Last week, I had the opportunity to attend FinCon 2017 and not only did I meet a ton of amazing bloggers, I walked away with some incredibly valuable knowledge to implement (which could be a whole series of posts in itself). If you weren't able to be there yourself this year though, Physician on Fire sums up the experience in his “FinCon17 Recap: The Conference That Doesn't Sleep.”
- Speaking of choosing to be wealthy, I loved this short and straight to the point post from Wealthy Doc, where he shares a great question posed by the one and only Warren Buffet in “How To Become A Rich Man From Nothing”
- If you're anything like me, you know it can feel near impossible to manage time well when you're a busy doctor, a parent, trying to enjoy your side hustles, all while still fitting in social events and down time. That's why when I saw Dr. Cory S. Fawcett's post, “The Key To Time Management” I had to stop and read it immediately.
- My kids are still very young, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about their future and how we can best prepare for it financially. Actuary On Fire made a great in-depth post this week on College Investment Strategies and it's a great read for any parent planning ahead.
- You all know that I'm a huge fan of passive sources of income, so if there's anything I can do to make some of my real estate investing a little more passive, I'm usually all for it. But sometimes it can get a little more complicated and Physician REI made some great points in this most recent post, “Property Manager or Self-Manage?…..That is the Question”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Disclaimer: The topic presented in this article is provided as general information and for educational purposes. It is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking action, consult with your team of professionals.