Welcome to Journal Club 2-13-20!
Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- The White Coat Investor debunks myths and misconceptions against the merits of saving for retirement using a 401K. There are three ways that a 401K lowers your taxes, and The White Coat Investor explains them here.
- You’ve probably heard of the popular phrase, “Treat yo’self!” that many use as an excuse to buy that extra cup of Starbucks or that new pair of shoes they don’t really need. This post on the Afford Anything blog shares a much more rewarding way to practice and think about self care instead. Take a look at this post, because afterall, “Self-care is the attention you give to your finances, business, career, health and relationships.”
- FInancially Alert shares the 6 stages of financial consciousness, ranging from The Fog to The Enlightenment stages. There’s even a free assessment you can take to learn what stage you’re currently in and how to move forward towards financial enlightenment, where you’re reinvesting in yourself. Read more about the six stages of financial consciousness here.
- Four Pillar Freedom breaks down two of my favorite money-making methods, REITs and Rental Properties. In this post, Four Pillar Freedom speaks on the pros and cons of each, and the differences between the two. The list is endless, but between REITs vs. Rental Properties, Which is Better? Take a look here!
- Financial Residency’s Ryan Inman shares ten steps you should take to living a more financially organized life. These steps can benefit anyone and everyone. Take a look, complete the steps, and say hello to your new status of being financially organized.
- Dr. Dave of the Doctors Unbound Podcast shares a personal update on some of the incredible books he is reading, along with some life lessons he’s learned through recent tragedies we’ve heard about in today’s media. It’s a very short yet impactful episode on the concept of leaving our legacy behind us and what that could look like if we’re intentional in doing so. What’s your legacy?
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!