Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- First order of business. Many of you have asked me to let you know if/when the White Coat Investor Course: Fire Your Financial Advisor goes on sale. Well, it’s now on sale 15% off the regular price for only a few days if you use the code MATCHDAY18. The other bonus is that you get a FREE COPY of the book, The White Coat Investor: A Doctor’s Guide To Personal Finance And Investing. Great deal and here’s my review of the course.
- Who has it worse when it comes to student loans – physicians or dentists? I thought this post, “The Painful Reality of Dental School Costs,” by Debt Wise Dentist was a fantastic peek into the financial world of dental school. Do those numbers seem high to you?
- Why do some do better than others when it comes to generating wealth? Millionaire Doc has an interesting theory in his recent post, “Build Ladders to Generate Wealth”
- A lot of research recently has linked Emotional Intelligence (EQ) with high performance in all walks of life. See how Financial Lion is using it to help improve his financial situation in “Forget IQ, Focus on Financial EQ”
- Defeating Normal talks about “Setting Expectations”, particularly as it relates to personal finance, and what happens when those expectations are set on the wrong things.
- Are you like Most Docs? That might be a good thing in medicine, but if you relate to this list of things the White Coat Investor put together, you may want to reconsider the benefits of being an oddball.
- A lot of the financial advice out there right now is pretty similar when it comes right down to it. Two Cup House looks back in time to get some “Wisdom From Benjamin Franklin” and see what can be applied to the modern world.
- Paying off your mortgage is one of those topics that seems to dominate personal finance blogs and forums and there are many differing views. Mustard Seed Money shares his personal experience in “Paying Off the Mortgage is a Mistake I’ll Never Regret” on a guest post on Physician on Fire.
- There’s no doubt that social media has played a huge role in the way we connect with people, learn, and access professional development. But can physicians be taking better advantage of these tools? For this week’s podcast highlight, Doctor Money Matters has Dr. Kevin Pho, of the popular website KevinMD, on the show to talk about “Social Media for Healthcare Professionals”.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!