Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Deciding between being a stay-at-home parent or working full time is a choice many people have to face at one time or another, and there's a lot to consider before making a decision. After almost two years of full-time parenting, Financial Samurai is considering going back to work. See his reasoning in “Taking A Vacation From Parenting By Going Back To Work”
- You've likely heard about the 4% rule when it comes to preparing for retirement, but is there a better way to prepare for your financial future? Wealthy Doc is sharing another way to think about it in “Will I Run Out of Money If I Quit Work?”
- It's no secret that most doctors are not financially savvy (which is a big reason why I started this blog in the first place), but Smart Money MD has a few ideas about why that might be. Check them out in “Five Reasons Why Doctors Fail At Getting Rich”
- After letting the idea brew for a while, XRAYVSN has joined the blogging scene and is starting out strong with a series called “I Have Pretty Much Made Every Mistake In The Book…” Hearing about and experiencing failure is one of the greatest ways to learn and I'm a big fan of the lessons he's sharing in these posts.
- Optimize Your Life has been exploring the science of happiness over the past couple of months and in this recent blog post, dives deeper into “Materialism and Happiness”. These fascinating finds might make you take a closer look at your own habits.
- Speaking of materialism, have you been following The Happy Philosopher‘s latest experiment? Keep up to date on his difficult journey in “Buy Nothing 2018 Experiment – April Update”
- For anyone who wants to know a little more about Physician on Fire, this interview provides great insight into some of the lesser talked about subjects on his blog. See it in “A Q&A With Physician on Fire”
- In this week's podcast, So Money, Farnoosh Torabi and Catherine Alford talk real estate investing, paying down your mortgage, and more. You can listen to the episode here. (If you listen through to the end, you might hear a name you recognize.)
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!