Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- You’ve got kids, so 529s may have been a topic of discussion. But according to Physician on FIRE, there’s a lot that you need to know when it comes down to the details. He offers a few, including insight into its tax advantages.
- We hear about people living financially free. We see and live through them as we do our own experiences. That’s the reason you’re here, right? Well, here’s a story from Think Save Retire with his personal account of what financial freedom has meant to him.
- We live in a world where we battle human flaws, personal indiscretions, and, as a result, some level of perseverance. This guest post on Financial Samurai, a site that highlights people for overcoming difficulties to lead a better life, shares Deanna’s story of what addiction taught her about risk and reward.
- Considered crowdfunding to raise capital for your investments? There are plenty of platforms to choose from if so. In this blog by Millionaire Doc, we get their take on how crowdfunding can be utilized as a tool for both sponsors and investors.
- Dr. Nisha Metha is a model steward for what it takes to be a woman physician in today’s society where burnout is more rampant than ever. In this article, she talks about the opposite gender and how stress takes its toll in “soul-crushing healthcare environments.”
- We want the best for our kids even when they are several years from reaching adulthood and fully capable of utilizing their credit. That’s why placing a credit freeze on their credit report now is really important says Wealthy Mom MD.
- Full-time physician turned entrepreneur, Dr. Sharon McLaughlin, and Carrie Reynolds, of the Hippocratic Hustle Podcast, discuss what it took to take the leap over to the bright side. From plastic surgery to a skincare line, her story is pretty inspiring.
- How do you know when it’s the right time to quit your job? The right time for you may differ slightly or greatly from the next person depending on where you are in your financial journey. Let Stacking Benjamin‘s guest, Mary Wheeler, shed some light on what you should be considering right now.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!