Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- What's Your Investment to Debt Ratio? White Coat Investor explores this in his recent post to see how implementing the proper ratios can help you build wealth.
- A fun post from Financially Alert that asks the question, “Which 21st Century Luxury Could You NOT Give Up?”
- Smart Money MD goes through an interesting comparison in “Who Has Better Spending Power, Doctors or Executives?” What do you think?
- This next topic is one with many differing opinions and it's always great to read new perspectives. Since many of the readers of this blog are in different stages of financial independence, I'd love to hear your opinions too – “Should All Financially Independent Doctors Retire?” Read what others are saying over at Doc G's blog, DiverseFI.
- The Physician Philosopher has his own take on the same subject in “It's Wrong For Doctors To Retire Early”
- Homeschooling (or “roadschooling”) is another topic that's gotten a lot of attention in the early retirement community lately. MinimalMD is sharing their family's experience with it in “Homeschool Transitions”
- Speaking of schooling, Rogue Dad MD chimed in on the public school vs private school debate and made some great points in “Future Proofing Your Children: The Public School Debate”. As a father of two young kids in a HCOL area, I'm always interested in where people stand on this.
- Physician REI is diving into the nitty gritty of investment return calculations in “What Return Are You Getting?” A question anyone involved real estate investment has likely been asked many times.
- Recently on Eric Tait's podcast, “The Physician's Road”, they discussed “Real Estate Syndication – What it is, How to Choose One, and Why It Should Be A Part of Your Portfolio”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!