Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- How much might one pay in taxes on a million dollars of earned income? It might be a little. It might be a lot. Physician on Fire is walking us through a few different scenarios in this recent post.
- Wall Street Physician warns readers, “Don't Compare Your Investment Returns With Others (Especially on the Internet)”. Are you guilty of this?
- Love these thoughts about risk from Diverse FI. Whether we decide to continue working full time, start a side hustle, pursue financial freedom, retire early, or any combination of these, there is always risk even if we think we're mitigating some of it. Read more of his thoughts in “Life is Risk.”
- Ever thought about becoming a digital nomad? It has become increasingly popular for people, bloggers in particular, to abandon the traditional home/work model and start working on the road. This may be a great lifestyle for some, but could prove to be more challenging for others. Millennial Money Man has put together a great list of pros and cons on the subject in “What is Life Actually Like as a Digital Nomad?”
- Mr. 1500 Days shares how financial independence has influenced his and Mrs. 1500 Days home life in “Trading Places (Becoming Mr. Mom)”.
- How many of you are still struggling with your medical school loans? Ryan Inman over at Financial Residency is discussing two popular options in “Consolidation Versus Refinance: Could Either Option Make Sense for Medical School Loans?”
- I had the pleasure of speaking on the White Coat Investor podcast last week about physician mortgage loans and the home buying process. I also share how to avoid some of the most common mistakes and talk about my other business, Curbside Real Estate. You can listen to the episode here. Let me know if you learned something new!
- I was also a guest on Doctors Unbound this week where I shared all about my side hustles and passive income journey. Check out the latest episode, “This Physician Blogger Side Hustled His Way to Passive Income”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!