Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this week.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- Anyone on the journey to Financial Independence knows that sometimes you need to remind yourself why you're doing it and connect with that deeper motivation to ensure success. I loved reading My Strategic Dollar's post about his own motivation in “What Is Financial Independence To Me?”
- YouBeThree makes a rather convincing argument for physicians obtaining a dual degree in her most recent post, “MD/MBA: Reasons Behind The Dual Degree”
- It's no secret that I'm a gambler at heart and I love diving into new investments and businesses when the opportunity arises. Knowing your capacity for risk is key and Working Optional does a great job of breaking it down in “Asset Allocation: How To Assess Your Risk Tolerance.”
- Worried about saving for retirement? Let Live Free MD take your stress away in “So You Don't Have A Pension? No Problem – Make Your Own Pension”
- For any fellow homeowners out there, you know how those costs can sneak up on you over time (as I recently admitted). This past week, Dads, Dollars, & Debts posted a helpful real case review on where some of these costs go in “Homeownership – A Case Study”
- There are a lot of options out there when it comes to real estate investing and it can be hard to decipher what the best decision is for you. If you're looking for a way to way to diversify your portfolio, check out Physician REI's post, “REITs versus Direct Real Estate Ownership”
- With busy lives, some things in life inevitably fall to the back burner. If email is one of those things for you, you're not going to want to miss Productive Physician's “Inbox Zero: The Ultimate Guide To Managing Your Email”
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!