Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- I’ve talked a bit on the blog about my own experience with buying an out of state property and I wish I had stumbled across this strategy from Semi-Retired MD when I was first investing. See it in Why You Should Consider Team Investing For Your Out-Of-State Rentals.
- Every day, I hear about more doctors striving to reach financial independence. If you’re reading this blog, you’re likely on that path too, in which case you’re going to want to read this next post. Debt Free Dr. shares the “7 Secrets to Financial Freedom Every Doctor Should Know”
- Is Your Risk Tolerance Too High? I’m personally a gambler at heart so my risk tolerance is pretty high, but Retire By 40 is asking us to take a closer look at our risk tolerance to evaluate if it might be too high. Where do you stand right now?
- If you just read the above post and discovered that your risk tolerance is in fact too high, you might consider taking this advice from the White Coat Investor on Rebalancing Your Portfolio: Why, When and How. This post was republished by Physician on Fire.
- Tax season is here and Young and the Invested is sharing A Simple Guide to Save on the Most Common Tax Deductions. Are you already implementing any of these tips?
- Are you committing a deadly financial sin? XRAYVSNis going through The Seven Deadly Sins FIRE edition: Gula/Gluttony.
- In this podcast episode from Afford Anything, Tanja Hester, who retired at age 38, teaches us How To Make Work Optional. What’s your biggest takeaway from her story?
- Earlier this month Choose FI had Grant Sabatier from Millennial Money on the podcast, encouraging listeners to Swing For the Fences in pursuing financial freedom and your side hustles.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!