Every other week, I hold a JOURNAL CLUB. After manually filtering through the millions of articles out there on the web, I present a few that impacted my life this month.
Here’s our Journal Club for the week, enjoy!
- There comes a time in most people's lives where money starts to play a different role and we have to reframe the way we think about it. So to kick off today's Journal Club, I wanted to share a review of a great book on the topic from Physician on Fire on “How to Think About Money“.
- Dads Dollars and Debts wrote a guest post over at Rogue Dad MD on “What I Will Teach My Son About Medicine”. I think this one will hit home for a lot of docs.
- A huge congratulations is in order for Frugal Asian Finance as she shared some big news on her blog this week. Go check it out in “Our Big Announcement & 5 Future Financial Plans”
- I love this post from Think Save Retire. The concepts he shares in this post apply across the board and I consider this one a must-read: “Your Ultimate Guide To Being Successful in Absolutely Anything You Do”
- If you've been reading FI blogs for awhile, you may be familiar with the post-financial independence fork in the road. See how DiverseFI is handling it in “The Two Paths After Financial Independence”
- For those of you who are looking to optimize your investment strategies, Smart Money MD shares a practical approach this week as he suggests that you “Focus on Your Savings Rate When Short on Investment Time”. What do you think?
- We all know it's not great for our kids to be absorbing constant advertising, but how does this affect kids and their money? As a father of two I think about this quite a bit. Chief Mom Officer tackled this important topic in “Evils of Advertising – And Your Kids”.
- Once a habit is formed, it can be incredibly difficult to break, particularly when it comes to personal finance. But Doctors on Debt is making sure we stay on track in “6 Easy Ways to Ruin Your Good Financial Habits”
- This week on the White Coat Investor podcast, he discusses “Buying One Property A Year”. This is a concept I've discussed on the blog before and is definitely worth listening to if you're looking for an alternate path to financial freedom.
A little bit of motivation below. Enjoy and have a great weekend!